Fab Auto is located in state of Maharashtra which accounts for approximately 33% of the country's output of automobiles by value.
The state is the leading producer of heavy and commercial vehicles in the country Major OEMs and auto ancillary units such as Daimler Chrysler, Fiat, Skoda Auto, John Dierre, Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra, Bajaj Auto, Kinetic Engineering, and Bharat Forge, have their presence in the state Pune is the largest auto hub of India with over 4,000 manufacturing units only in Pimpri-Chinchwad region. Pune is home to large players like Bajaj Auto Limited, Daimler Chrysler Limited,Tata Motors, etc.
India's premier automotive R&D ,testing and certification organization, automotive research association of india(ARAI) is present in Pune. Pimpri Chinchwad is an auto cluster, established under Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme (IIUS) Pune, Ranjangaon, Talegaon, Chakan has around 53 large companies and around 7,000 auto ancillary units.
Indian Automotive Industry
- World's 2nd largest two wheeler market.
- Asia's 3rd largest passenger vehicle market.
- World's 4th largest commercial vehicle market.
- World's 4th largest Tractor Market in the World.
- World's 5th largest bus and truck market (by volume) Industry's turnover is estimated to touch a level of USD Passenger Vehicles Commercial Vehicles Three Wheelers Two Wheelers 155 billion by 2016.
- To be the worlds 7th largest automobile market by 2016 and world's 3rd largest by 2030, only behind China and the US.